There are two options for implementing the Klevu Template JS on Shopify:
- Automated via the Klevu Shopify App (available from the Shopify Marketplace)
- Manual implementation of the files into the Shopify Theme
Manual install may be required for the following conditions:
- Your Shopify Theme has been modified or is otherwise preventing the Klevu App automation
- You are installing Klevu on a an unpublished theme
If you are using a version of Klevu app installed before September 2021, please contact support for information about migrating to Klevu TemplateJS.
You can find detailed installation steps on the Klevu Knowledge base article Integration Steps For Shopify
Once installed, the template JS resources will be available as placed automatically by the Klevu Shopify App.
The following is a summary of automated steps as part of the Klevu Shopify App installation:
- Placement of liquid reference files
- snippets/klevu-quick-search-theme (core reference, config/options)
- snippets/klevu-add-to-cart (button functionality)
- snippets/klevu-catnav-theme (collection core - if applicable)
- snippets/klevu-recommendations (recommendations core - if applicable)
- snippets/klevu-metadata (recommendations support - if applicable)
- sections/klevu-collection-theme (collection landing page - if applicable)
- templates/page.klevu-search-results (search landing page template)
- Adds core includes of the above files to layout/theme.liquid
- Adds settings object or target (Depending on Shopify version)
- 2.0 (Dawn) : templates/collection.json
- 1.0 (Debut) : templates/collection.liquid
- Authorizes Shopify API for hourly Catalog Synchronization
If your Shopify Theme has been modified or is otherwise preventing the above automation, you can manually install Klevu Template JS using the steps below, or any variation of it that fits your architecture
We recommend implementing these steps on an unpublished theme to avoid any unforeseen conflicts with the live site.
The steps as outlined in the can be applied as you like into the Shopify theme files.
Alternatively, please reference the complate technical walkthrough if you would like to mirror the apps default instalation procedure.
Klevu Smart Recommendations integration options are covered in the Knowledgebase guide: Smart Recommendations Integration Guide for Shopify